Scroll down for current Strathcona real estate listings.
Strathcona area: Strathcona is bordered by Chinatown to the west, Clark Drive to the east, Burrard Inlet on the north, and Canadian National Railway yards to the south.
Strathcona is Vancouver’s oldest residential neighbourhoods. It’s also one of the latest neighbourhoods to be recognized for its real estate value, which lets you still find affordably priced real estate options close to downtown. It’s got a diverse mix of new developments, single family houses, condos and townhomes.
Current Strathcona real estate
With Vancouver real estate continuing to rise, Strathcona’s more moderate prices allow families to restore older homes and for young professionals to find modern condos and townhomes. Starting in the high $200s, Strathcona condos are well within the first time homebuyer’s budget. Single family houses are selling at near the $1.7million mark.
Strathcona real estate highlights:
- Close knit and involved community
- One of the highest concentrations of 19th- and early-20th-century buildings in Vancouver
- Close proximity to Chinatown and Gastown
- Condos above retail, including many new developments for sale
Strathcona’s a multicultural neighbourhood with a strong community atmosphere and proud history in the heart of Vancouver’s East end. Strathcona hosts an annual Chinese New Year Parade through historic Chinatown, a cultural extravaganza that’s one of the city’s biggest and best annual parades attracting over 50,000 spectators and over 3,000 performers.
Strathcona’s diversity and multiculturalism make the area popular for artists and creators. It’s no surprise that Strathcona is home to events like the Eastside Culture Crawl as well as the Meet the Maker Expo, allowing residents from all over the lower mainland to think and shop locally.
- parks: Strathcona Park, Andy Livingstone Park, Trillium Park
- community centres: Strathcona Community, Carnegie Community Centre, Cottonwood Community Garden, Strathcona Community Garden, Strathcona Public Library
- schools: Lord Strathcona and Admiral Seymour Elementary schools.
- businesses:Restaurants, breweries, cafes and locally-made goods
Contact East Vancouver Homes to talk about your real estate options for buying or selling in Strathcona.
NOTE: This representation is based in whole or in part on data generated by Chilliwack & District Real Estate Board, Fraser Valley Real Estate Board or Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver, which assume(s) no responsibility for its accuracy. This website must only be used by consumers for the purpose of locating and purchasing real estate. In Canada, the trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA.